weddings & romance in Grampian
We have colleceted a fine sellection of wedding venues in Scotland and if you are thinking of getting married in Scotland, then you should you should book mark our Scottish Wedding Directory for further Scottish Weddings information.
Before you can book the wedding venue for the reception, you will have to decide what kind of celebration you want and in what kind of surroundings, and, most important, how much you can afford to spend!
Popular wedding venues for Scottish wedding receptions get booked up well in advance (12-18 months on average), especially on Saturdays and bank holidays, so if you have your heart set on a certain hotel it would be wise to enquire about the availability before setting the date of the wedding!
There is often a functions manager or wedding consultant who will send you a brochure outlining what the hotel has to offer and then arrange an appointment for you to visit and see the rooms available and discuss all aspects of the reception, for example:
- What exactly does the price include (e.g. a meal, a buffet, drinks, flowers and other decorations, changing facilities). Does the price include VAT and service charge? It is best to get written confirmation on this.
- How flexible is the hotel over the menu? Are the caterer's prepared to take your wishes into account?
- Will a bar service be available for guests to buy their own drinks? Check who pays for the drink licence. It is also an idea to check the prices and availability of popular drinks.
- How long will the rooms be available?
- Can the hotel provide a toastmaster? Is it possible for you to provide your own if you prefer?
- Will the hotel take charge of flowers and decorations. Can you have a say in this?
- Is it possible to arrange for live music or a disco?
- Are there good parking facilities?
- Is there a pleasant area, inside or out, for taking photographs?
- Enquire about arrangements for guests who may be staying in the hotel.
- Does the staff seem generally keen to please?